Monday, February 9, 2009

Demoralising..

Sat's swim session was bad..I could hardly coordinate my breathing and I was zigzag-ing across the lanes during the laps. My butt was sinking most of the time, a sign of fatigue (of course, I reached home and slept only at about 2am after touching down in SG), and I can feel myself surging upwards everytime I come up for air - not good cos that meant that I am wasting more effort pulling myself forward. I choked on water a couple of times, and seriously most of the time I was panicking that I was going to out of air.

Today wasn't any better. My butt still sank, I couldnt kick fast enough, and I still choked a couple of times.

I thought I could have gone for all the swim sessions. The next session being on Sat, the first game of the league, I dont think I can make it if I had gone for the swim at 1pm, finsish at 2pm, and rush down for the game by 3pm (which was one of the main reason why I was quite pissed when I saw the schedule cos being in the top 3 from the previous league would usually entitle us to later games in the evenings. But no..a few 3 or 4 pm games, back to back some more. I want to strangle the person who did the schedule) . More frustrating, there are still players who haven't passed the mandatory beep test to play the league, and I am not sure if I could last the game, AND the game on Sunday at 4pm.

I had set out to do what I thought I wanted to do when I signed up for the biathlon, thinking that it shouldn't affect the league games too much since the actual race is quite early in March. If I would be stubborn, I would have insisted that I am going for the swim session on sat (since I signed in Dec and paid up in full already, but who knows, they brought forward the league dates) and then just bochap about the game. But then, it's a team that we have been playing together for more than 10 years. 舍不得。So it gets frustrating when I feel some other members are drifting away on their own agendas, some of these, simply buffling. If all of us will be in this together, despite all the injuries and the lack of fitness, maybe this would still be an enjoyable game.

I am not too sure now.

Yes, I should say that I actually quite pissed.

No comments: