Saturday, May 3, 2008

Spontaneity

A dinner of crackling pork (something like sio-bak ang mo style) after a work committment led me and my colleage visiting our vendors till late...I had actually wanted to rush back office to finish up whatever I had left, but you can't fight a rumbling stomach at 10pm, coupled with a tired aching soul which just want to have a nice dinner once in a while.

It was a good dinner at Harbour Cafe (or something that sounds like that), which I had been before with Mao's mummy. And the company was good :))

Looking at the whole process of how this project had led me, I was initially quite worried how it will turn out, given the horror stories from past years' doers. But it didn't turn out too bad (or as I was mentioning "as painful as I thought"). In fact, it was quite a fresh breath of air working with people whose work nature is different from what I do everyday, where every suggestion is a possibility instead of additional work.

And it helped that the person whom I ended up pairing to work with is a pain-in-the-ass kinda meticulous ..cos at least he is sharp enough to spot things that I usually wouldn't and I am greatful. Whereas I am task-oriented enough to hit all the necessary milestones.

I kind of miss those days in my first job in the events company..where everything is more spontaneous (but spontaniety also = your boss play 'ninja' aka the disappearing act during the event itself, leaving you to come up with solutions on the spot -.-")

If only I can order a real beer instead of root beer to finish off that sio-bak..before going back office (which I regretted..I should have brought all my barang barang along and go home straight from there..)

No comments: