Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm Back!

Maldives was AWESOME!!!! We usurped the dive briefing sign board on the 2nd last dive day, and the ramblings pretty much summarise the Maldives trip :)




Except that my max depth was 42m (didn't even realise it since I could still see the water surface, until I read my dive comp), two had tried to look for an underwater cave and pushed the limit to 58m..) And yes, I finally hit 100 dives. Took too long.

Overall, it was still a trip with amazing dives on board Maldives Agressor. The best thing about a live-on-board - eat, sleep,dive. Saw so many creatures big and small (never seen so many lion fishes before too!) And note that the items checked are in the PLURAL. Yup. Saw
  • sharks of different sizes,
  • whale sharks on two different outings,
  • nurse shark that came within 50cm too close for comfort, and another one that was skulking at the back.
  • mantas that were circling, minding their businesses, oblivious to the divers who were bubbling all around them,
  • eagle rays and whitetip sharks in schools until we lost track how many,
  • huuuggeee marble rays, which were pretty scary to see during a night dive when that was the first thing the flash hit when almost at the bottom,
  • turtles, which one young curious one followed us as we drifted along the reef during one of the dives and followed us to the end until we went up shallower for the safety stop .
Made me regret for procrastinating in getting the S100 with u/water housing for this trip.

Waiting for the video that one of the mates is refining. We had a preview on Friday night, which was already great on its own. And now I can't get the sound track out of my head.


No comments: