Friday, October 21, 2011

Public transport challenge (update 1)

End of the first week of the public transport challenge.

And I'm blogging this on the way home in the mrt (obviously can't do the same if I'm driving .. Talking about a good sign..)

The first 2 days were not too bad. Though now I can understand why people are so willing to pay a premium to live within walking distance to the mrt station. The walk to that bus stop for the feeder service and squeeze (cos obviously everybody's destination is the same) can really be a put off.

Though I cheated a bit by catching a ride from a colleague on the first day. It was real late cos of the new assignment I was working on,and I think I should be kinder to myself than to suffer the long feeder bus ride home. And the friend sent me home after dinner on Tuesday (of course right..)

That led me to wed and thurs, when I drove because of the discussion on a friends wedding emcee script and to help out at a community event by the company.

So today was the first day that I was a public commuter for real (taxi to meeting venue doesn't count!)

:D

Makes me want to buy an iPad 2 though..

No comments: