Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another year is upon us..

Oh well, a belated acknowledgement that a new year is upon us.

The last day of 2010 didn't exactly go too smoothly, and that's putting it too nicely. For one, I can't believe that luck has it that I had to repeatedly face disappointment after disappointment, after disappointment all within 1 year. And when it struck, I can only think that how the incident had nicely conclude what has been a crappy year, like a nice concerto, where the last movement is likely to be something is so quick paced to bring the whole piece up to a climax. Which incidentally, isn't really nice to be on the receiving end actually. This is a story for another day.

Nonetheless, I must be grateful that somehow, luck has it that I downloaded a book 2 weeks back. Curious, and in need of some reading materials, I finished the book in 1 day while worming on my bed feeling feverish on the first day of the year (body's reaction to the immense upset I guess).

Re-read on Sunday and highlighting all the passages that resonated and began the week feeling a little more like human.

The dirty little mind that plays up shadows into fearful demons..

Anyway, though I am an atheist, I do believe that help would be at hand if you ask for it, and true to be, the first official workday of the year ended quite nicely and to top off, a truly enjoyable evening session with a group of hockey mates.

I hope 2011 will be year of ridding the shadows and bringing in a little more light.

(ok..I cheated a bit for this post..I had started composing but left it off halfway..but had really wanted to rant i.e. on the 4th Jan post. But not wanting to start a new year's post on such a negative vibe..I decided to finish up this post before I started ranting!)



No comments: