Monday, September 21, 2009

Laptop down..

My laptop went crazy. The letter "r" is jammed and that irritating letter multiplies itself whenever it has a chance too.

Tried calling Dell service center, and realised that unless you have a valid warranty, the autobot manning your call dont care a hoot even if you are the Sultan of Brunei. For a 4 year old laptop, I wonder if there's any value in getting a new warranty.. guess obviously not.

Argh.. get a new laptop? seems like a bit overdoing it since it's only the keyboard. But then it's tempting since the laptop is like quite old already, and there are so many sweet-young..er.. new gizmo out there. But I am still sentimentally attached to this old fogey..well ok..more like the reluctance to re-learn getting used to a new laptop.

And why did it have to happen when COMEX just ended??

First thing first, got to backup all my previous MP3 and pics..and twiddle my thumb until my impulse draws me in the right direction - buy or repair?

No comments: