Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Case of missing phone numbers

There was this time when I tried to sync my handphone. "Tried" - cos everytime when I tried to sync my phone, I always get error messages that either some records cannot be found or some other systemactic problems that the workings behind the cosmic nature of computer and handphone technology, which are just beyond me.

So anyway, I tried to sync my handphone. And true to be, some error message popped up about some handphone records couldn't be sync or something. There was no other option other than to click the "OK" button. SO I did. And held my breath for 2 second. Phone didn't crash. Good! And so life went on...

Until a few days later, I tried to look for a colleague's number, and realised that I couldn't find it, which was damn weird cos I definitely sms-ed her a few days earlier during lunch time. And progressively I realised that I lost more than a few - when I saw smses from unknown contacts, calls from people. It's damn difficult to figure out what numbers I lost, since some are people from long ago, and whom I only contact sparodically, while some I may not even need to contact anymore. But it was just darn too inconvenient. Whenever I get an sms from a number I dont have in my phone book, and I had to ask the person to identify himself/herself.

And there were numbers from people, like whom you know you haven't kept in touch for so long, but you know that if the chance comes, you would definitely want to touch base again. Like how I was supposed to contact my ex-boss from my first job for a meetup after we were talking about it one of the rare times she was online on MSN, but after that I realised that I lost her number during "that" sync. She probably think that I didn't take that promise seriously. Sigh..

Argh...never going to buy HTC ever again!

No comments: