Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jakyl & Hyde (1)

That day someone from the office passed a comment to someone else after seeing my FB pic.

"Wah! you should go see her FB pic! Very different from her in the office!" (for the record, it was me in a cap ie, all hair tied back and sans makeup, after a day on the beach in Bintan). For a moment I was quite confused - No mah..I thought I was always like that..anyway the picture was more "me" than anything.

Anyway that moment passed and we moved out to talking about other stuff. Until today, when I was driving home after dinner with an ex-colleague. As usual, my mind started to wonder (but I was still alert behind the wheel!), and drifted back to this exchange. Got so different meh? Then I started to form mental image of myself as "ME in the office" and "ME outside, ie out of offiice".

"Me in the office" -
  • clean cut lines (I hate frills),
  • solid colours (I dont think I can pull off flowery prints),
  • white/black tops mainly (makes matching stuff during groggy early morning hours easier!),
  • heels (oh yes),
  • makeup (only to cover my dark eye circles mainly - why cant office hour start at 10am??)

"Me outside" -
  • t-shirt (with funky prints sometimes),
  • shorts or short skirts,
  • slippers (yes! I cant describe how good it feels to be in slippers),
  • glasses,
  • no makeup (just cos I am too lazy. And cos there are already glasses),
  • caps (when I cant be bothered to tame my hair. Which gives me a reason to buy nice caps now too :p)

Hmm..yeah. Quite different. I guess if I am a 3rd person I would not be able to link the two different "me"s to the other. That was when I felt like a Jakyl and Hyde - corporate butcher during the weekday, casual dudette during the weekend. I just wish there are more chances for the casual duddette to surface more often.

Actually come to think of it, I am developing a Jakyl and Hyde mentality in more ocassions than once. Prob some other blog entries to release the angsty emos.

No comments: