Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pre-lude to Korea!

Korea~ :D

This may be my bible for the next few days!




















Was figuring out what clothes to bring, enough to look presentable for 5 days, and yet warm enough.

So pulled out whatever long sleeve/woolly stuff that I had. Ended up trying all the pieces through layering for different looks. Spent a good 2 hours just to decide what clothes to bring! And I havent even start on the shoes yet :s nah..I had a good idea which pairs I wanted to bring. That one should be easy :p


So the final shortlisted lucky few pieces that will get to fly to Korea ;)










Anyway pulled out something that I received years ago, but never had the chance to wear. It didn't go with any of my clothes, so I was about to return it to the cupboard, then I was re-considering if it can serve as a inner piece, so then was checking for the label to know what it's made of.

And it's made of lyocell.








100% it says. Ignore the "made-in-china" tag. Even my oh-so-Americanized-Coach pouch comes from there now.













Then I was like ..WTH is lyocell?? Lycra + er...cells?

And of course, help came in the form of google.com..and it turned out that I wasn't too far off in my guess.but never would I have thought they originate from wood pulps.


http://www.lyocell.net/-
"Lyocell is produced from cellulose, the main material in plant cells, and constitutes a new fibre for clothing, hygiene, medical and technical applications. The production process for Lyocell is extremely environmentally friendly – the fibre has all the advantages of a natural material and is 100% bio-degradable."


It seems like everything is bio-degradable nowadays.


Signify a time that consumerism has moved so fast that we cannot afford to keep things now, since ->
Consumerism = people buying more stuff = people throwing more stuff = stuff cannot disintegrate = they pile up = there are no place to place them = to destroy them will release stuff that hurt the envirnoment.


It is not too long a history when I still see the pragmatism of my grandparents and sometimes parents of storing plastic containers, bit and pieces of loose ends, leftovers, thinking that they will come in useful some day.


How fast time has changed. So transient.


Anyway, I shall just bring this new piece of lyocell and try out if it can ward off cold :))

No comments: