Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dark Clouds

I had a disquiet building up since morning, that almost became a silent rage had I not bit my tongue before snapping at someone.

It started with the now routine 5am awakening, followed by the jam, the jaw-dropping/face palm emails sent by someone who should know better, the unbelievable discussion in the boss's office, waiting for that "nothing", the legacy left by the ex-boss which saw me holed up in the investigation room until late at night, and eventually ended with a nice touch with me trying to find a working cash-card top up machine in the vicinity way past dinner time, just so that my car can leave the carpark for me to go home, tired and hungry.

I had a lineup of complaints and I thought I would have blown to bits searching for that cashcard top up machine, but at the end of the day, either the fatigue took over or the (not so lightbulb moment) epiphany overruled and I began to simmer, and eventually the rage died somewhat.

I still haven't figure out the source or reason of the disquiet fully, though I can somewhat make out what is likely behind that dark cloud of brooding rage. I guess the origin will appear on its own sometime down the road.

This moment, too, shall pass. Just hope that there isn't too much collateral damage when I am stuck in the red mist.





No comments: