Thursday, August 18, 2011

Super early waker

Fact is, I have been clocking less than 6 hours of sleep for the past 2 weeks. Not for any exigencies like work or etc, but my eyes just automatically open once I hit about 5hours of sleep, and can't return back to slumberland. Sleeping earlier doesn't help, just makes me wake up earlier and watching the sky turn bright outside my window..and last night was the max. Woke up 4 hours into the sleep and decided that there is nothing more miserable than insomnia.

According to the sleep graph from
Sleep Cycle app (Hail Itunes store for all the wonderful life enabling apps!)
that I have been using for a while..


And this is how a normal sleep cycle should look like.



That was my sleep graph for last night. Damn..right after 4 hrs. I think the trough was when I became super sian and started staring at the window waiting for see if the sky was going to turn bright soon.


If going by Wikipedia:-

Nocturnal awakenings are characterized by difficulty returning to sleep after awakening in the middle of the night or waking too early in the morning: middle-of-the-night insomnia and terminal insomnia. The former may be a symptom of pain disorders or illness; the latter is often a characteristic of clinical depression.

Though I don't exactly think that I am in that state* now..I just wish for any hormonal charges that are causing all these weird body functions to start going back to the normal state soon, before I really start to get clinically depressed.



*but maybe the labels** are driving me a lil bit nuts :p

**you know who you are. haha~



No comments: