Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ingrid Michaelson Concert!


So glad that I eventually managed to catch Ingrid Michaelson live.

Although one thing that I didn't expect was the average age of audience in the seat category I was in - Since both me and the friend that I managed to grab the concert with were kinda keen but not that familiar with Ingrid Michaelson, we decided to go for the cheapest category seats.

And found ourselves amidst like super indie juveniles (who, as my friend commented, would deck out in red stockings) who flash out their smart phone at every juncture to take pics/videos. Gosh, I whispered to my friend, and here we were, 2 working adults who had hammed and hewed before forking out that 100 bucks each. And how did Ingrid Michaelson end up being appealing to kiddos?

That aside, Ingrid Michaelson was every bit the kooky artiste that she is. Full of personality and anecdotal sharings of songs that she wrote.  And her voice, clear and soaring, was really a balm to sooth a weary Monday.

Too bad that the event had to start only at 9pm, and ended at 11pm. The two working adults had to go home to sleep in order to be able to survive the next working day in the dreary world again. Not like the kids who probably managed to catch Ingrid Michaelson for autographs. But I didn't know that they were selling her album at the concert! If I had known I would have definitely squashed in with the kids and grab a copy of the CD.

Now I will just have to contend with downloading from iTunes (and my first ever purchase and download from iTunes stores at that!)

Two songs I liked from the concert: The Chain and The Light in Me. Can't find nice vid for the Chain, so here's the other one.




No comments: