Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Burnt

I have been playing hockey, going diving, hitting the beach so often now that I never thought I'll allow it to happen. Ya right, pride and folly go hand in hand..

I got damn bloody sunburnt from one day out at the beach.

Was at Bintan for a short getaway from work (some respite after the many nights and weekends burnt - no pun intended), and of course headed out for the beach with the e-reader. Found a nice shady spot under a tree, put on my sunglasses and cap and started reading. (No sunblock? Ya what did I say earlier about pride and folly..I thought since I should be smart enough not to put myself under direct sunlight I didnt need the sunblock).

After a while the shadow moved, and I was at the edge of the shade. At 3 quarter through the book, I was quite reluctant to move my butt. I thought, what the heck, it wouldn't be so bad and got lost in the pages again. Meanwhile, the shadow continued moving..and moving..and moving..

I think it must be like a few hours later that I realised that I had been baking in the afternoon sun for more than 2 hours. No thanks for the strong landward winds which dissipated any heat from the sun or the sunglass which reduced the glare (hey but it showed that they were real effective). Still the same, I didn't think too much into it until I saw myself in a mirror when I got back to the room. Gosh...I look like those sunburnt idiots.

Now my shoulders and thighs are a burning red. Painful to touch and awful to see. Ouch. Clothes option for the next few days will be a headache. Sigh..




1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

Lol!! Missy Crispy Bacon!!