Monday, December 13, 2010

One thing I hate most about this time of the year...



Singapore has always been know to have two kinds of weather - sunny and rainy.

There is always this that everybody knows but forget - wintry too. Almost a daily occurrence at many areas, running during the golden hours of productivity, freezing the brains out of many tropical sons and daughters.

I am talking about the air conditioning in the many offices that drives the Singapore economy every day.

Hailed as the greatest invention for Singapore economy by the Lee senior himself, these great machines spills out cold air to cool the hot-headedness of men and women hard at work, keeping the environment cool and chilly optimal for the only resources that Singapore has.

Crap. The key word is optimal. Not the hypothermia inducing freeze??

Especially during this time of the year, when temperature drops one or two degs, and it would have been nicely chilly, if not for the fact that the central air conditioning in the office building seem to be powered up even more by the drop in in temperature.

In the office I have a jacket and a piece of shawl that I have been wearing alternatively depending on the mood..I have been contemplating for a while if I should be wearing both but I thought it was a bit OTT.

Today was the last straw when I got a feeling that I cant feel my fingers any more. So I wore both the jacket and the shawl, and totally felt so phoney that it felt like something that I would do if I am in like 10 degrees in London, not Alexandra Road Singapore. But I dont care..my fingers are more important.

Yeah maybe it's to boost up the christmas wintry mood a bit more - induce people to really believe that they are in some winter wonderland and hence should ring up more in the cash register department to share the christmasy joy. Damn will be the day that you receive christmas cards of people suntanning on the beach when they should be smashing one another's faces in a snow fight.

Tomorrow onwards I am seriously considering bringing some of my previous winter clothing to standby in the office should it get too cold again.

No comments: