Wednesday, November 17, 2010

3 whammies

Another bingeful week, post a week of slacking off. Indolence is a slippery slope. Seriously, I should sign up for more runs in order to force myself to go running.

But..

Whammy 1

I only managed to finish 2/3 of my usual 5km route by 30 mins. Gosh. Worst timing ever. ROARS!

Whammy 2

As I was on the first half of the route, I thought my pace was comfortably fast..when suddenly a 20-ish girl, wearing running cap and singlet, totted past and overtook me.

Trotting. That could be a word to describe how I would have ran 1 year ago. Now, it would be something like slow rumbling. And being overtaken can really be such a downer.

Within the next 30 seconds, she had increased the distance between us and soon, I lost sight of her, while I can feel some lactic acid creeping into my calves. Well done, calves.

ROARS!!
Whammy 3

At the end of the run of the miserable 3 odd km..I turned off the running route..panting and feeling the twitch in the left butt coming on..when I saw..

the same trottling girl at the void deck. Doing leg lifts.

Leg lifts!! The kind that we were forced to do 3-5 sets of at the end of hockey trainings, but finished no doubt. The kind that gives you sculpted abs. The last I tried to do something like that during yoga class I was ashamed that the auntie next to me can hold her legs at 45degrees without shivering and I suspected with a snigger at me when my two legs were shivering like leaves in the wind.

ROARS!!!!!!!!!

Dammit. I decided to skip the lift and walked up the stairs, hoping the 6 flights would helped to burn some more of those unwanted fats and deluding myself that my abs was doing somewhat of a work out as well as I climbed each step.

No more slacking! ROARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

Jia you!!
Maybe we should go running together? keke.. or sign up for some run to "motivate" ourselves?

btw, I downloaded this RunKeeper application on iPhone.. is good!!
and LiveRun which can get free gifts just by clocking the distance.. keke