Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm home!

Halfway through the gruelling 19 hours flight I was really quite ready to go berserk. Sitting down there with nothing much to do, only to be constantly fed. Always remind me of the part in Fight Club - single serving meal, single serving coffee.

Only life-saver was the Krisworld entertainment (albeit I would have preferred if the fat kid sitting in front of me wouldn't fidget in his seat so much). An odd choice, but this was one of the best film I watched. A simple story line - a simple natured Czech peasant who was offered to become an Aryan Controller to take over a old, deaf and widowed Jewess' button shop; tragedy ensued when he accidentally killed her in the end in a bid to save his own conscience.

A really moving film that you won't be able to forget once you've seen it.


"Shop on Main Street"


Ida Kaminska as the Jewess proprietress of the button shop, at the scene when she was cranking up the gramophone playing her late husband's favorite record.


By the time we touched down Singapore, I was SOOOoooooooo relieved to be able to walk. Came home, passed the presents (even the pooch got one), showered and slept..and slept..and slept..missed one wedding lunch, didn't hear the thunderstorm and woke up feeling really contented.

Now just waiting to see if I will suffer from jet lag..oh yeah..and the unpacking. argh.

No comments: