Thursday, August 1, 2013

Deadweight

So, I had this project at work that got totally derailed. The planning premise was larger than what was briefed and when the plan went to the honcho, the new direction it took left me dumbstruck. And for at least the past week, I looked at the big elephant and wonder which end of it should I start on. 

It took a little kick on the butt, but I eventually decided to take a bite and started chewing on it today. Took me the whole of today to think about what issues to address, and how to pan out the work based on what the team had amalgamated so far. But the ends still did not tie up and I was left with a blinding headache after another late night in the office. 

As I stood exhausted, hungry and drained in the shower, it suddenly occurred to me that I should have just dump whatever that had been done and start afresh. So much for the emotional attachments to the labored effort that had been gone in, but it was going nowhere with this piece of deadweight around. 

Right on. Time to re examine how's this playing out in my mind for other stuff too. 




No comments: