Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Be With Me (2)

Was thinking through some of the more memorable shows that I have been seen so far ( don't know why, but Se7en always comes up - I think it was still considered an indie film then, but check out the cast!) 

Then I remembered this.



I know I blogged about this before (OMG did I really run 7km straight after a hiatus? How did I manage it?! I hate my own 2007-irritating-self already).  But I think what I was thinking then and what I reminiscing now would probably be quite different.

I am still thinking about the solitude of the characters, belying the yearning underneath. But I am reminiscing the different takes of this phrase for each of the character - "Be with me, my beloved"

The old man yearning for his recently gone life partner, still going through his routine of caring for her, preparing her meals, as if she had never gone away.

The girl yearning for her lost forbidden love, looking at all the places where they had been together

The young man yearning for the love who is beyond his reach, and imagining the happy times they could have together.

And Theresa Chan, offering solace with so much love to spare, despite being cut off in all senses except for her sense of touch.

If a good show is one that leaves you going over the various parts and scenes, over and over again, extracting different sense and views each time, then I say Be With Me is really one of the best films I had ever seen so far.

Would love to watch the show again.

No comments: