Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cranberries - Linger

"Cranberries coming to town for concert soon leh!", my colleague told me one day. "Wanna go?"

I did a quick mental calculation (wrong move, cos it only made me feel so old in that few nano second).

  • Cranberries was like distant memories more than 15+ years back, when I was still donning the yellow and blue uniform in secondary school. I realised one remembers songs distinctly, especially if heard when still schooling..I'm sure the brain cell retention prowess then was definitely in the higher percentile if not near to 100%, compared to now, when it hovers around 20-30%, ala gold fish memories)
  • they didn't have any major hits or new work for the past 10 years at least
  • And this colleague would be like..in primary school when Cranberries first came to the scene (told you that the quick mental calculation made me feel old)??
Well, given the usual lower than expected value-for-money concert line-up for these western gigs (we are so pampered by the elaborate stage and sets, not to mention repeatable encores, from those Asian artistes!), told the colleague that I wasn't a big fan.

Until I heard this over radio.

For those whose memories come flooding back when they hear this song as well. They just do songs like these anymore.




(Maybe I will rethink about the concert).

No comments: